This classic dessert never goes out of style.
- 3 large egg yolks
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon Marsala wine, champagne, or dry white wine
- 8 oz mascarpone
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup Kahlúa®
- 2 cups espresso or strongly brewed coffee
- 28 savoiardi or ladyfingers
No nutrition information available
- Place egg yolks in Cuisinart™ mixing bowl. Insert the chef’s whisk. Turn to speed 3 and mix to break up yolks. Add sugar and wine and continue to mix for another 30 seconds.
- Place mixing bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, being careful not to let the bottom of the bowl touch the water. Whisk continuously by hand for about 5 minutes, until mixture becomes very thick and reaches 165°F. Once mixture comes to temperature, return to the stand mixer. Mix on speed 8 until mixture is cool. This egg mixture is called a sabayon.
- While sabayon is cooling, place mascarpone in a separate mixing bowl. With a rubber spatula, mix up mascarpone until smooth. Once sabayon is cool, fold it into the mascarpone in 3 additions with a large rubber spatula. Be sure to incorporate the 2 mixtures fully and evenly. Transfer mixture to a separate mixing bowl.
- Wash the Cuisinart™ mixing bowl and whisk and rinse with cold water, then dry. Insert the chef’s whisk. Place heavy cream and two tablespoons Kahlúa® in the Cuisinart™ mixing bowl. Turn to speed 4 and then increase to speed 7 for about 1½ minutes to whip until soft peaks form.
- Fold the cream into the mascarpone mixture in 3 additions, using a large rubber spatula.
- Mix the espresso and remaining 2 tablespoons of Kahlúa® in a shallow pan. Dip the ladyfingers in the espresso, 4 seconds on each side. Line the dipped ladyfingers on the bottom of a 9-inch square pan, cutting them to fit the pan as you need them. Pour half the mascarpone/cream mixture on top of the ladyfingers. Repeat with a second layer of soaked ladyfingers. Finish by pouring the remaining cream on top. Cover with plastic and chill for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, dust the top with cocoa powder and/or chocolate curls.